Friday, May 25, 2012

Neun und Neunzig Luftballoons*

Two exams down, one to go. Perfect time for a celebratory blog post me thinks.

After one hell of a bus ride we made it to the Rhine Valley, Germany. I was a little disappointed that the tour bypassed all the fantastic cities in Germany, especially considering we would be going from the mountainous Rhine Valley straight to the mountainous Swiss Alps. That's not to say I didn't enjoy the very brief time we spent in Germany. We arrived mid-afternoon with about an hour to kill before jumping on a river cruise up the Rhine. Was a thoroughly enjoyable way to spend the afternoon.

I seem to remember our tour guide mentioning that the St Goar area has the highest density of castles in Europe. Don't quote me on that though, it could be all lies. There were ALOT of castles to be spotted though.








Nothing like the classic half-blink to ruin an otherwise nice photo.
*This title has absolutely nothing to do with the post - it was just the first German-related thing that popped into my head.

0 comments:

Post a Comment